[Coco] Multi-user CoCo BBS via telnet [WAS - Re: Are there any CoCo BBS's out there?]

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:03:13 EDT 2007

On 8/3/07, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:

> But certainly, for the BBS project, it might be feasible to begin with a
> 'real' CoCo 3, and then migrate to an FPGA CoCo for better performance
> later with a minimum of hardware waste.  How much is Cloud 9 charging
> for a new CoCo 3?  It's pretty affordable.  Start with one serial port
> and one modem.  Add a second serial port and a SitePlayer Telnet, or
> some similar thing for Internet access.  See how well a stock CoCo 3 can
> handle a couple users.  If it gets enough use to make it worthwhile,
> migrate to an FPGA system.  It's a thought anyway.

I was thinking along similar lines. Worst-case scenario doing it that
way is that I wind up with a spare CoCo 3 and some cool goodies from
Cloud-9 ;) Not to mention everything I'd learn about hardware
interfacing, FPGAs, and OS-9 along the way...

--
Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)