[Coco] VCC CoCo emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 3 08:39:47 EDT 2007

Bob Devries wrote:
><snip>
> Just a quick question.... How the #$*& do I boot into NitrOS9 from it? I
> switched to RGB-DOS, but now what? I tried typing DOS, after making a
> few different drives the default, but no go.
>
 ><snip>

That's easy! My version of RGB-DOS for emulators is built into VCC so
nothing needs to be done in terms of a DOS ROM image. You will need to
select Harddisk.dll as a mounted pak in the Coco or MPI.

Booting into NitrOS-9 with the VCC emulator is just as easy as it is in
MESS. You need to match the emulator to the version of NitrOS-9 so they
both have 6809 or 6309 CPUs. In VCC, go to Configuration/CPU and
indicate what you want. For NitrOS-9 Level2 6309, check off 2048K, and
Hitachi.

Bob, since you already must have a .vhd image set up for RGB-DOS and
NitrOS-9, just use the Cartridge/HD Drive0 to select your .vhd image.