[Coco] Audio from a CoCo 3 - - WAS--> Color test with CoCo 3

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Wed Aug 1 13:44:19 EDT 2007

Thanks Rogelio:

I was able to work out a kludge last night by using
another video converter that I have that had an RCA audio
input and and 3.5mm output for headphones.  I ran a RCA
cable between it and the CoCo, then hooked up a pair of PC
speakers to the  3.5mm output.

Not the best solution, but it allowed me to play around
with the SOUND command last night.

I remember posting about this particular video converter
to this list a long time ago, before Roy started making
his converter.  It has inputs for RCA Video and Audio,
S-Video, and VGA, and on VGA output.  It does not do
composite video like Roy's adapter does, which is one
reason I have played with it much.

I've done some looking around and found a few sources for
mono RCA male to 3.5mm female adapters.  That will be the
perfect solution to allow the use of PC speakers.

Jim