[Coco] Serial to Telnet Gateway Progrm (Web surf with Coco)

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 13:19:10 EDT 2007

http://boycot.no-ip.com/InternetModem/

I found this program while I was doing some research to get my Apple 2 connected to my Windows box. I was able to fire up a Terminal Program on the Apple and after loading the Internet Modem software in Windows XP I was able to telnet into a couple of bbs's and also it worked allowing me to connect to the dalnet IRC server.(I have a null modem cable between the apple and PC). There is documentation on the web site. The software used the Hayes AT command set so to telnet into a bbs the command is ATDT a2central.com:23

There should be no reason why this can not work on the Coco or other machines. I do not have an RS-232 pack handy to test it with on the coco. I will be testing it with my Atari ST here soon. Just thought someone here would find this as neat as I do.

Derek

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **