[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 43

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 18 11:38:35 EDT 2007

> >>because when I run the C Beutifier like this --> cb <curses.c

> >>CRC.
> >
> >Can't help you there, never used it.
>
> Me neither Willard, never heard of it till now.  But, I wonder if it
> was "imported" from some other platform, and needs
> re-compiled for the coco's
> cr=eol where nearly everyone else uses an lf or a cr-lf combo?
>
> Another program that is partially mine that's out there can
> sometimes find
> such oddities as the missing cr on the end of a file, sort of
> accidentally
> since its real job is to check the punctuation and nesting
> syntax of a c src
> file.
>
> That is 'cntx' I think the coco version is cntx_5.lzh, located at
> <ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/PROG>
>
> I've taken that and built it on the amiga and on this linux
> box, even fed
> quite a bit of the linux kernel through it one night looking
> for the sort of
> thing its good at, miss-matched () etc.
>
> It has two modes, just cntx filename will give you a yea/nay
> on the file, or a
> cntx -v filename will give you a line by line check so you
> can see where the
> error is if the first run says its foobared.
>
> Maybe it will help?

You guys have been a lot of help already.  CNTX liked the curses.c file in
its original form, so it isn't seeing the missing NEWLINE.  That's why it
was telling me everything was fine, while the compiler ws telling me I had
problems.

I've downloaded the revised curses.lzh file and will start on that.