[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 25

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 7 23:56:45 EDT 2007

> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:45:18 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Robert Sherwood <photorob00 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Coco] Brackets on Vcc (was: Good full screen editor?)
> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>
> Paul Fitch wrote:
>
> > Oh, and VCC NEEDS BRACKETS.  Can't even edit C
> source with them.  They are
> > not a choice allowed under VCC at this time.
>
> Shift+down arrow and Shift+ right arrow respectively
> (just like a real CoCo).  If you want to use the
> bracket keys on the PC:
>    go to the configuration menu
>    select the keyboard tab
>    scroll down to a blank spot
>    make a key-map definition (as explained in the
> "welcome" pdf)
>
> --Rob (yeah, another one...)

Tried to do that.  Went to the keyboard pulldown, went to the bottom of the
list, selected "[ + SHIFT" on the left hand columns and "DOWN + SHIFT" on
the right hand Columns.  Same for the other bracket.

However, from the command line, when I hit "[ + SHIFT", it activates the
history and goes to the end of the line.  The  "DOWN + SHIFT" just shows me
a dot, ie "."  No brackets.

Inside ED, the "[ + SHIFT" does nothing, and "DOWN + SHIFT" advances the
cursor 5 characters to the right.  Not sure whats happening here.