[Coco] HDB-DOS, NOS9, Multiple boot files

Chester Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Tue Aug 7 23:09:08 EDT 2007

Getting my feet a bit more wet...
Have figured out getting different OS9Boot files on different HDB-DOS
partition disks.
For example: Standard boot term80 w1-7 etc on part 255, term32 no w etc on
part 254 (for DeskMate, Robot Odyssey and other games), Multivue on part
253, and so on.
The idea being to make the best use of my 512kb for each task AND boot to
the appropriate TERM that the apps require.
NOS9 ver030206 will not wcreate wins from Term32, and several old apps that
I like require Term32, no other.
Problem is all the OS9Boots fire up off the same sysgo and startup on /dd (a
128 MB OS9 partition)

The only way I can figure on getting each OS9Boot go to the app is to
customize the sysgo to chx and chd to the appropriate directories I want to
boot to, and include that sysgo in the OS9Boot. Another idea I had was to
diddle one sysgo to run startMV, anther startDM, another startRO, etc. Also,
I'ld forgotton about Autoex. IIRC, it's just another procedure list or
executable that sysgo runs prior to startup. Correct?
The key seems to be messing around with sysgo and including it in the
OS9Boot.

Am I on the right track?  Or completely lost in woods?

Thanks.

/Chester
Costa Rica