[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 24

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 7 19:54:41 EDT 2007

> Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 07:18:14 -0500
> From: Mark Marlette <mark at cloud9tech.com>
> Subject: Re: [Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 23
> To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>
> Paul,
>
> I scanned your message briefly and smiled.
>
> 'I have no desire to learn 27 obscure CNTL codes
> to deal with god knows what.  I just want to type.'
>
> But yet you want someone to design, build, manufacture and write
> drivers for a wireless solution.
>
> Just doesn't seem fair...... :)
>
> Mark
> Cloud-9

(OOC - I'm just venting here. - IC)

Mark, I almost feel the same way about that fairness thing.  I mean, I want
to do one thing, but find that in order to do that, I have to drop
everything, and do something else that I'm not suited for, just to get to do
the thing I want to do.

I want to re-learn C.  Where in there does it say that I first have to write
a full screen editor, then convince the developer of the emulator I'm
currently using to add Brackets to the allowed key bindings (this actually
moves in the direction I want to go in), then download 4 gigabytes of
obscure public domain GCC source code, download another 2 gigabytes of patch
code, patch the first download, then compile it.  Then I can start
re-learning C <g>.

I'm just not qualified to do all that.  And (being a little selfish here of
my limited time on this planet,)I don't want to. I want to play.

New Topic

But hey, when is the SUPERBOARD coming out?  You are looking at a sale that
will encompass the FULL MONTY when its ready.  I'm talking COCO3, SUPERBOARD
(with PS/2, RTC, IDE-CF and ILAN), 6309 unpgrade, drivewire.  Did I forget
anything?  You take AmEx, right?<g>.

With the ILAN, would I even need the drivewire?