[Coco] screen editors

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Aug 7 04:50:39 EDT 2007

I usually use uemacs, though it certainly does have buffer size
limits.

stevie is also a reasonable choice, but be careful with it:  It's a vi
clone, so it uses <escape> a lot... but doesn't catch the EOF signal
OS-9 sends it if you type the wrong esc-key combo.

For big stuff I use ds.  It's rock solid, and can handle files bigger
that its buffer, but uses Wordstar keybinds.

There's also scred, in the Dev System.  Like TS-EDIT it sort-of
pretends to be vi.

I've only used the linux version of VED, which probably doesn't have
the same look-and-feel of the OS-9 original, since it uses the
f1-f7 keys. ;-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA