[Coco] c.pass1 and Nitros9 6309 v030206

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 5 19:39:38 EDT 2007

I'm seeing some odd behavior here.  I'm compiling Rick Adams CC2 with the
stock CC1 patched for /dd.  I also patched c.prep for /dd.
I made changes to Ricks CC2 so that it would use RMA and RLINK once it was
compiled, but I'm letting c.asm and c.link do the work the first time
through.

I type in "cc1 cc2.c" and the compile crashes almost immediately.  It
crashes under both VCC and MESS104.  When I say crash, I don't mean it
errors out, I mean my screen gets filled with all sorts of trash and I have
to hard reset and reboot.

Now, cc1 does appear to run OK.  The following files are generated c.com,
ctmp.3.m and ctmp.3.i.
C.com looks likes a batch file to do the compile, and ctmp.3.m looks like
cc2.c without all the pretty formatting.  Ctmp.3.i is a 0 length file.

Just before the compile crashes I can see that cc1 and c.prep are completed,
and c.pass1 starts.  Then everybody dies.

So, for suspects I have the following:
1) something in the emulation doesn't like c.pass1  <--- Not very likely
considering all the other software that runs happily under emulation.
2) something in c.pass1 doesn't like the 6309, but to stomp all over the
operating system like it does, it would have to me something major I'm sure
I'd have heard about before now.
3) something in c.pass1 doesn't like Nitros9.  Same response as #2.

Any thoughts?