[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 14

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 4 16:34:43 EDT 2007

> Message: 18
> Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:00:57 EDT
> From: RJRTTY at aol.com
> Subject: Re: [Coco] VCC emulator on laptop?
> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>
> People
>
> I know  probably all of you have tried David Kiel's emulator but
> I will say anyway I  use it on a P1 laptop and it can
> optionally run at
> appox. up to 10 times the  speed of the real thing.   It is rock solid
> stable and the external  3.5 " floppy drive can read , write
> and format
> 35 track SS DD coco  compatible disks that can go directly into
> a 3.5" drive connected to a  coco3.   I can work between the
> two machines  seamlessly.
>
> This emulator can also print to a wordpad file or out  the
> serial port to a real coco era printer with the  appropiate
> cable.   I have used this feature with DECB and  EDTASM
> but not Nitros9 yet.
>
> I am using W98 of course.
>
> Roy

Sounds like VCC could use some of that functionality.  I also like the idea
of dragging and dropping flopy images to the screen, or perhaps a sub-win
off to the side with disk drive icons on them.  Also, I recently got Rogers
DVD and it has a ton of cassette software on it that VCC can't use yet.

Tho for the cassette games, I just might copy that Mocha Java emulator and
use that to play Bedlam<g>.