[Coco] creating NitrOS9 boot disk

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 03:23:19 EDT 2007

Hi Gang,

Sheesh, I thought I knew how to do this......

I've tried several ways to make a bootable dis under NitrOS9 V03.02.06, but
have failed miserably.

First off, I'm trying to create a Single sided, 35 track disk so that I can
copy it to the DECB partition of the NitrOS9.vhd file. So I have set DMODE
to DNS=01 CYL=0023 SID=01

Then I have modified the standard.bl file in the NitrOS9 distribution, to
select the descriptors I need (80 trk D0, D1, and D2, cloud9 clock), and
then run the MB script.

This all seems to work fine, and the disk looks good, and the idents are
right.

I insert the image into drive D0 and the NitrOS9.vhd into the HD slot, and
type DOS. Here's what I get on the screen:

KREL Boot Krn tb0.......

and there it stops.

The status line of VCC shows the tracks going up to trk 34, and then back to
trk 00, sector 01, and that's it.

It seems that the kernel track is being read, but none of the boot file. Can
someone suggest some causes?

I'm stumped.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.