[Coco] Color test with CoCo 3

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Wed Aug 1 01:24:32 EDT 2007

OK, so I am just getting going again with the CoCo and
since I have forgotten almost everything I learned about
the CoCo, I'm playing around with some of the exercises in
the Getting Started with Color Basic.

When I enter CLS (3) I get a blue background which is
expected, but I also get the blue background when I enter
CLS (7)  According to the manual, I should get magenta.

My system is a CoCo3 (no disk or MPI installed at this
time) and Roy's Video adapter routed to a NEC MultiSync
XV15.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what may be the issue
besides operator error :)

Also, if the monitor does not have sound, what is a simple
solution for getting sound out of a CoCo3?  I really don't
want to run this through my stereo.

Jim