[Coco] Linux box needs ethernet connection to router/web/LAN

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 22:10:21 EDT 2007

I never took "bubble memory" seriously, though there was a fine project Dennis wrote up.  Couldn't afford it at the time, by the time I could the parts were ancient history and even more expensive, hard drives were faster and cheaper (Tandy didn't pay their tech support all that much).

If that was a primary drive you gave to the vivisectionists, you will get a kiloyear per megabyte extra in Purgatory.  While secondary drives are easy to build from scratch, the primary drives contained the control circuitry.  The adapter card, whether for T6k or Coco, was just something to present a Mod 3/4 bus to the controller in the primary HD case.  Those of us with systems that prefer those (Mod 16, Mod 1, Mod 4 &cet) want them alive.

Donating a Tandy primary drive to an electronics school is like donating a laughing child to a veterinary asylum.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

The reason folks don't think of installing Windows as a painful experience is roughly the same reason men don't think of childbirth as a painful experience.      Mike, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/30/letters_3003/

From: coco at yourdvd.net