[Coco] DriveWire

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Apr 30 16:00:20 EDT 2007

Boisy, what would you say to the idea of the Rainbow IDE
communicating with your HBD-DOS to act as a server over your
DriveWire so that IDE developers can click Go/Build and when their
virtual disks are mounted, they can immediately type DIR from their
CoCo to run their programs.

M.E.S.S. is very nice for emulating programs until they are complete,
but some software that uses specific hardware can't be fully tested
using M.E.S.S.

I'm sure you're doing great with the sales, but I've gotten e-mails
from many Rainbow IDE customers who couldn't figure out how to get
their IDE-built stuff into their real CoCos.  The IDE would show
support for DriveWire only and lead them to the Cloud-9 site.  True,
there's other solutions, but I think one of the easiest would be to
serve the virtual disks over to the CoCo using the DriveWire
protocol, and I strive to find the easiest but powerful ways to do
the job.  I'll write my own code to talk to HBD-DOS if the protocol
itself can be made available for this purpose.

I do plan to order the HBD-DOS cartridge and DriveWire soon.

--
Roger Taylor