[Coco] Drive Wire / Pitstop ll / Donkey Kong

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Apr 30 07:41:27 EDT 2007

Hi Steve,

On Apr 30, 2007, at 2:28 AM, Steve.Lancaster at Moorestephens.com wrote:

> Firstly, congratulations to Mark and Boisy for Drive Wire - it is an
> excellent product. I ordered a ROM Pak with HBD-DOS from Boisy and
> it does
> the trick very nicely.

Thanks for the kind words.

> Does andbody know if Pitstop ll works with Drive Wire - only I have
> tried
> about 2 or three different images and when typing DOS to run the
> game it
> crashes.

Pitstop II is one of those games that I believe accesses the floppy
hardware directly, and as such, won't work from DriveWire.  There are
a few other games out there that fall under the same category.
Unfortunate, but those software authors (for whatever reason) chose
not to .

> Also, does anybody know if the arcade port Donkey Kong works with
> Drive
> Wire - before doing so I need the 512k upgrade.

I am pretty sure that Donkey Kong DOES work with DriveWire, but
someone else can probably verify that.