[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Sun Apr 29 19:48:26 EDT 2007

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 11:25:27AM -0500, Joel Ewy wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:

> > You are aware that the full debian distro is about 28 cd's worth?
> >
> But the point is that you don't have to download the full distro just to
> do a basic install.  In fact, if you want to install Debian, all you
> need to download is 2 (maybe 3?) floppy images to boot the installer.

And, of course, if you prefer you can download a minimal boot iso
image and install all of Fedora (or specifically the bits you want)
over the Internet.  It weighs-in at about 8 MB (thats Mega):

	http://redhat.download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/images/boot.iso

I have used this method many times myself, and find it quite
satisfactory for installing a usable base system with other software
added via yum on an as-needed basis.

Once again, the Ubuntoids (and other Deb-heads) seem to think they
have a monopoly on all that is cool or useful in the Linux world...

John
--
John W. Linville
linville at tuxdriver.com