[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 14:05:25 EDT 2007

At a computer show yesterday, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and Ubuntu for 64bit CDs were
made
available as freebies (ver 6.06LTS, 6.10, 6.06LTS respectively).  They are
'Live CD's
thus allowing a PC to be up and running w/o having a HD installed, which is
exactly what
I tried on a PII/300 laptop.  First time ever running a Linux based system
and it even went
online using a 3-com Etherlink III PC card.  Not bad for a newbie..... ;-)
The minimum ram
was said to be 256mb but I could turn up only 192mb and it still worked; even
Firefox ran
well.  There is also an option to install Ubuntu.
For more info:  _www.ubuntu.com_ (http://www.ubuntu.com) ,  and
_www.canonical.com_ (http://www.canonical.com)
To request free Ubuntu CDs:  shipit.ubuntu.com

-ph

[I downloaded both Debian and Fedora DVD ISO's (one of them, was two
DVD's but I don't remember as I haven't burned them yet). I have been
taking the easy way out with Linspire (which is Debian basically, but
with some additions, etc) -rob]