[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Manney mannslists at invigorated.org
Sun Apr 29 11:50:23 EDT 2007

Roger Taylor wrote:
> Gene, I just initiated the download for Fedora 6 i386, so there's just 9
> hours and 45 minutes to go!  :)  Unless a fair use policy kicks in and
> throws me down to dialup speed for a few hours.
>
> I'm sacraficing a day of network bandwidth for this download of Linux.
> Looks like around 3.3 gb, so I hope the ISO contains every stinkin'
> tool, compiler, feature, app, game, and driver, that is known to the
> Fedora gang.  :)

Yikes! 3.3 Gig? Anyone know any other distro that makes you download a
DVD's worth?

So far, I'm happy downloading a CD ISO (~700 Meg) for a Debian (Ubuntu
specifically) based install. If something is missing from the install, I
just grab (apt-get) it once the install is finished. Seems the easiest
way to go for me and I get it in 30-45 minutes. :)

-M.