[Coco] Delphi & Compuserve archives - Was: Re: Compressed pictures

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Apr 29 11:09:40 EDT 2007

coco at yourdvd.net wrote:
> Hello Arthur: I have wondered recently if there existed archives of the
> Delphi and CompuServe CoCo SIG's from back in the day. Are they online
> somewhere (perhaps at delphi or compuserve themselves? I suppose I
> could do some searching)... Thanks - Robert

As far as I've been able to determine, the Delphi file databases went to
/dev/null.  I did find on one of my hard drives a list of files in
CoCo/OS-9 archives.  I've put this on Allen Huffman's Wiki:
http://www.coco25.com/wiki/index.php/Internet_Resources  Scroll down
towards the bottom and look for "Old Delphi CoCo/OS-9 SIG File Lists"
What I hope for this is that people can see which files were out there
on Delphi back in the day, check the FTP sites at rtsi.com and
maltedmedia.com, and upload copies of those files that were on Delphi,
but are no longer available online.  Unfortunately, I was never on
Compuserve.  Maybe somebody else has a list of those files.  Compuserve
was bought by AOL, IIRC, so who knows?

As for the forum messages, I've found some of the content on
textfiles.com, specifically:
http://www.textfiles.com/messages/ALANWESTON/ -- this has CoCo/OS-9/MM-1
stuff from Compuserve from 1990-1996, and from Delphi from 1993-1995.
I've found some of my posts (as JOELAV) in the Delphi stuff archived
there.  It's far from a complete record, but it does preserve a little
of the history.

JCE