[Coco] Rogue

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Apr 27 04:20:29 EDT 2007

While I haven't played the Coco version in many years, that sounds right.  It's the way things always worked in the original Unix version and in the Epyx DOS port.  The reason the saved game is deleted is to prevent cheating by saving a game, advancing, getting killed and then restarting from where you last saved but knowing what's ahead.

Timestamps prevented getting around this in Unix.  In the DOS version, it was easy to rename the savefile and cheat anyway.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

The reason folks don't think of installing Windows as a painful experience is roughly the same reason men don't think of childbirth as a painful experience.      Mike, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/30/letters_3003/

From: Diego Barizo <diegoba at adinet.com.uy>