[Coco] Source code for High Speed Bit-Banger I/O

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Apr 26 19:47:22 EDT 2007

At 02:25 PM 4/26/2007, you wrote:
>For anyone who may be interested, I have posted my source code for
>doing 57600/115.2K baud serial I/O through the CoCo bit-banger port.
>The file "SERBB56K.ASM" can be found in my upload space on CoCo3.com:
>
>http://www.coco3.com/users/DarrenA
>
>I know others have discussed this before, but I have never found any
>source code showing how to actually do it. I figured I would take a
>stab at it myself and thiis is the result. Feel free to use it in
>any way you please.

Darren, your source code appears to be a modified version of the old
comm5 source code posted online complete with the tutorial and CPU
timing comments.

In my tests (you did test the code?) I discovered that there were
more tricks needed to achieve 115200 bps when connecting to a PC.

--
Roger Taylor