[Coco] My Linux is now online!

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Apr 24 16:39:52 EDT 2007

At 03:20 PM 4/24/2007, you wrote:

>I just issued "smbd -V" and it reports Version 2.2.7a so I guess I
>have it installed.  I remember adding all the packages I could when
>I first installed RH from the CDs.

I started the Samba daemons under Linux with "smbd -D" and "nmbd -D"
and now from Vista I see an additional LOCALHOST in my network.  But
clicking on that brings up my own Vista directories.

Linville, sorry if you're tiring of this thread.  I'm trying to port
some of my CoCo tools over to Linux so I can make some people happy
who have been asking me for years to "expand your horizons",
etc.  :)  So, the first step was to get Linux online, which much to
my disappointment, is not an automatic feature as it should be.  So I
had to take that first step.  But don't everyone go and assume I'm
ill-knowledged with Windows and Linux.  Rest assured, you're dealing
with an advanced techie who just didn't want Linux online bad enough
to ever try until now.  The learning slope goes from 1 to 100mph in
the blink of an eye, so watch out.  :)  When I wrote the CoCo Cafe
script and compiled it From Linux to run Under Linux, I was at
1mph.  Stay tuned.

--
Roger Taylor