[Coco] Linux box needs ethernet connection to router/web/LAN

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 14:08:49 EDT 2007

From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

> If you have something precious, put it on cd's, or mount another drive
> temporarily and make copies so the precious stuff is out of harms way when
> the installer formats the main drive.  Staples did have a usb powered, neatly
> cased 2" 40GB drive for $40 a couple of weeks back that would be very handy
> for such, but I don't know if any of those are still on the table where you
> are.

Thanks for the pointer, Gene.  I'm gonna go get me a few of those.  The porn collection is overflowing.

Geez, a buck or less per Gig.

You and I (plus a few folks on classiccmp) may be the only ones around who remember when hard storage for microcomputers was well over a kilobuck per megabyte (and let's not discuss the price of volatile memory).  There are others who _would_ remember, but Alzheimers is a pernicious thing.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

The reason folks don't think of installing Windows as a painful experience is roughly the same reason men don't think of childbirth as a painful experience.      Mike, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/30/letters_3003/