[Coco] Networked CoCo's (was: hardware port mapping)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Apr 23 17:23:04 EDT 2007

At 09:33 AM 4/23/2007, you wrote:
>Anyway, if there's interest in this stuff I can upload the source to the
>usual FTP sites.  I think Jon's done a lot of good work, and I got the

I like the in-series and token-based protocol idea.  All CoCo's would
see a common signal sent out by any CoCo.  Packets could be used to
specify the originating CoCo, destination CoCo, command, and a data
byte - or # of bytes to follow + data bytes.

A CoCo could specify it is ready or not using an XON/XOFF packet.

Anyway, walk before run, so I want to get the hardware part working
before getting too much into the protocol aspect.

By the way, I just added file sharing to CoCo3.com.  Members of the
site get their own directory to upload whatever they want using a
simple form.  Click the "File Uploads" link to bring up the Upload/Browse page.

Here's my space:
http://www.coco3.com/users/CoCoTower

Roger Taylor