[Coco] http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/escape.html

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 20 12:33:28 EDT 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:31:35 -0600, <coco at yourdvd.net> wrote:

> i believe it is freeware. it handles several cpu's, including the 6809.
> you set the cpu via -c6809. I will email you a copy, it is relatively
> small. Of course, you need to use a hex editor to remove a few bytes
> from the beginning of the .bin file. When i use the software from mess
> to extract the bin file, it adds something like 5 bytes or so to the
> beginning, which i remove with a hexeditor and put the file back to
> disk. then i execute the disassembler on it. It doesn't always seem to
> be accurate, but i manage to get it to work good enough to get the job
> done. It is DASMx. email enroute.... r

Those 5 bytes would be the preamble, and there will be a 5 byte postamble
as well. If the .BIN file is segmented, then you will have chunks like
that in the middle, as well. Does the disassembler allow you to define
data areas, ORG's of chunks of code? That would make handling these
easier... otherwise, you may have to split the .BIN file into the
pre-ambled chunks, and disassemble each separately.

--
L. Curtis Boyle