[Coco] CoCo Talking

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Apr 20 05:34:11 EDT 2007

Allen Huffman wrote:
> Hey, a few years ago, I was e-mailing with someone who was doing a new
> software talk program for the CoCo.  Does anyone remember who I was
> talking to?  (ie, are you out there?)
>
>         -- Allen

I wrote CVOX about 10 years ago which runs from BASIC using a ML
driver.  The demo speaks "Hello, this is a demonstration of CVOX, for
the Tandy Color Computer 3", using DATA statements containing the speech
segments/phonemes.

Several years went by with virtually Zero feedback (talk about a
bummer), so I ditched the project.  It was planned to become
background-driven for the CoCo 3 for generating speech from BASIC in
real time similar to the speech cartridge.