[Coco] Appliance and Light Controller

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Wed Apr 18 22:35:36 EDT 2007

 Bruce,

  I'm dying to know(if you can remember) what sort of stuff this includes.

 You see, I need something like an ACIA.dr driver that will TX and RX via
the cassette port using FSK as the TRS-80 Color Computer Appliance and Light
Controller 26-3142 does.
 I could define it as /X10.dd and run from there.

 I'm wondering if your driver can handle an interrupt from another X10
device that will send data when it receives an input, such and an X10 motion
detector. This would be the cat's meow for the coco to do what the PCs are
doing now.
 X10 is slow. The coco is faster. So, a coco with OS9 can do what an
embedded computer is supposed to do in this sort of application.

 In security systems that use cameras, the coco can still do that because
the video and audio(if audio is needed) are switched and transmitted
externally. The coco would not have to process anything except to just turn
stuff on and off.

 For me, this is the first thing in recent years  for the coco/OS9 that has
me VERY excited !!!

 If it does become a reality.

George