[Coco] Appliance and Light Controller

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Tue Apr 17 13:57:11 EDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:44:59 -0600, Chester A Patterson
<vchester at setec-cr.com> wrote:

> Hi. I today received one TRS-80 Color Computer Appliance and Light
> Controller 26-3142
> It comes with a ROMPAK. The instructions say it requires a 16k Coco. No
> disk I/O whatsoever.
> Questions:
> Has anyone developed OS9/NOS9 software for this thing?
> Transferring the ROMPAK to disk should be no problem. But can the ROMPAK
> software be run under ADOS (from disk) or HDB-DOS (eg. Loaded from one
> of the 4 "ROM" banks in a Cloud9 IDE controller)? I would imagine not
> due to the loading/exec address', I/O, etc.
> I wish I still had my old Disk EDTASM...
> Thanks.
> /Chester

There _was_ a program for OS-9 Level I to control it... I remember seeing
it on Compuserve. It may even be on RTSI. Since I didn't have the
controller, I never downloaded/tested it, so I have no idea if it runs
properly on a Coco 3, or with NitrOS-9.
--
L. Curtis Boyle