[Coco] ML Disk I/O examples?

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 10:18:11 EDT 2007

Mark McDougall wrote:
> David Roper wrote:
>
>> If you do happen to reinvent the wheel, can you share your new-found
>> knowledge with me? I'll be simply trying to read the contents of a
>> binary file into memory at a specific location
>
> No problem, hopefully I'll get a chance to tackle it tomorrow!

Would a good place to start experimenting be the dissasembily of the
LOADM command at $CFC1, after all that essentially does what you need,
opens a file, reads it into memory at a set address.

It's a real shame that Tandy didn't do things like make a jump table of
useful routines, such as open/read/write/close files, it's almost like
they didn't want people accessing the disks from assembler.

Cheers.

Phill.