[Coco] Brother Jeremy's OS-9 Level 3 (are you out there, Jeremy?)

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Thu Apr 12 16:51:45 EDT 2007

I vaguely remember mention of OS-9 L3 but had forgotten about it. A
quick search turned up this:
Q. How do I know which version of NitrOS-9 is for which Color Computer?
A. NitrOS-9 supports three "levels" and two processors, yielding six
potential distributions:
• NitrOS-9/6809 Level 1 for the Color Computer
• NitrOS-9/6309 Level 1 for the Color Computer with a 6309
• NitrOS-9/6809 Level 2 for the Color Computer 3
• NitrOS-9/6309 Level 2 for the Color Computer 3 with a 6309
• NitrOS-9/6809 Level 3 for the Color Computer 3
• NitrOS-9/6309 Level 3 for the Color Computer 3 with a 6309
In short, Level 2 and Level 3 are exclusively for the Color Computer 3.
Level 2 is compatible with
OS-9 Level Two, and Level 3 contains additional features to manage
system memory more
efficiently.
Currently, NitrOS-9/6809 Level 1, NitrOS-9/6809 Level 2, and
NitrOS-9/6309 Level 2 are
available. The other distributions are still under development

nitros9.org no longer seems to work but it is still registered to A.D.
the above is from a google cache of the site.

Is L3 still being developed? I want it too....

-r