[Coco] Unpacked my CoCo Stuff

Ken Carlin carlin at nauticom.net
Thu Apr 12 10:48:31 EDT 2007

I work in a pcb development and assembly shop, and we wash boards all the
time as a matter of course.  However, we have specialized machinery and
deionized water to do the job.

While I agree that some things can be washed with no ill effects in a
dishwasher, I wouldn't recommend it for the Coco.  You're dealing with
ancient through-hole technology parts, since the Coco is at least 20 years
old.  I don't think the capacitor jackets would be sealed at this point,
and I would imagine that if water got inside them you'd never get them dry
again.  Also, I'd have to imagine that there are other parts on the pcb
that were never meant to get wet.

Ken