[Coco] Mike Snyder's Missing Programs

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Apr 10 18:43:26 EDT 2007

John T Chasteen wrote:
> I have a box of T&D cassettes tapes someware in my unorganized computer
> room.
>
> What is the easiest way to transfer these files to a floppy disk?

What are the parameters for "easiest way" and "transfer these files"?
The goal is to find Mike Snyder's missing games and get copies to him so
he can put them up on his web site, right?

If you have a CoCo with a cassette player and a floppy disk system, then
the easiest thing to do might be to locate the proper files, cload(m)
them, save them on disk, and then use one of the disk utilities on a PC
(port.exe, Omniflop, or NitrOS9 Toolshed) to get the file off the CoCo disk.

If you don't have a working CoCo, you'll probably have to hook a
cassette player to the input jack of your sound card and use a CoCo
emulator or one of the utilities that comes with one of them to either
read the files off the cassette, or make a WAV file of the entire
cassette which can be accessed in the emulator.

JCE