[Coco] Next arcade port to CoCo 3

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 9 20:43:30 EDT 2007

Marcus Vinicius Garrett Chiado wrote:

> The very next arcade port I´d love to see is ELEVATOR ACTION.
> Do you think our CoCo can handle it?

IMHO - and I'd love to be proven wrong - I'd have to say no.

The main CPU is a 4MHz Z80. Sound involves a 3MHz Z80, another MCU and no
less than four (4) AY8910s - so definitely no sound except for samples I
suppose. I bit much to ask of a 1.79MHz 6809...

The biggest problem I see is scrolling large areas of the screen as the
player moves up and down in the elevator - something done in hardware on the
machine itself.

Regards,