[Coco] Text Editors (was: Pac-man etc.)

Michael R. Furman n6il at ocs.net
Sun Apr 8 13:39:38 EDT 2007

> > That could be a project for someone looking for a programming project.
> > Port vi to nitros!!
> >
> > Frank

I have been working on porting the PVIC editor
http://www.fwiarda.com/software/pvic.htm to Nitros9 on and off for the last
year.  I haven't gotten very far however...

The current issues that I am facing:

1) Attempting to port source code to compile with the Mircoware C Compiler is
a royal PITA!!  Is there a working GCC toolchain that runs on Linux outputs
code that I can just stuff on a disk image and run under MESS (or my real
coco2)?  I've seen lots of crazy stuff about S19 files and other randomness
that I really don't want to deal with...

2) I only have 64K Coco2's.. It would be nice to have a Coco3 but I can
certainly get by with emulating in MESS.  A few weekends ago I was outbid on
a Coco3 on EBay.... perhaps its time to break down and order from Cloud9...

3) Time...

4) Is there a termcap file that has the correct codes for the Nitros9 display
driver?  I suppose I could hack up my own if I had to...

I've also thought about tracking down the last version of Bill Joy's code and
starting there... development on this probably ended on a VAX running BSD or
perhaps even a PDP (hopefully a small enough machine where the code will be
easier to deal with on the Coco)....

--
Michael R. Furman, N6IL
n6il at ocs.net