[Coco] Fest Chat Response/SuperBoard Update (WARNING: LONG POST)

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Fri Apr 6 12:51:20 EDT 2007

Hey folks, I just wanted to say a little here. Before I found this list
I found cloud-9. I discussed some of my hardware ideas with these
gentlemen and they gladly contributed ideas and advice and literature.
>From those communications, I can tell you that they are working very
hard on the superboard project. In fact, I think I need to send them a
deposit, because I want one :-) Everyone should understand that they
really aren't doing this for profit - it's a hobby (this is just my
opinion, but I have considered that the cost of the development tools
and time, etc. that Mark and Boisy have invested in this venture, could
never be recovered, especially with only 14 or so sales of a product.)
Think about it - it would have to be either a hobby or an insane love
of the Colour Computer (OR BOTH). Just search the net - look at some
development suites such as altium - the price of that software alone
precludes any profit that could ever be made selling to such a limited
customer base. Trust these guys to do what they say - I DO :-)  Thanks
for listening -rob