[Coco] Fest Weekend

Richard rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Thu Apr 5 15:06:54 EDT 2007

You and your son bonding over hot coco 8-). What a great story. Hope Mary
picks up on this. It would be a great "aside" in her newsletter. Especially
the "Dad! I broke your computer" part. It was great that you knew how to fix
it. My solution would have been to take down to my local Radio Shack and
basically say the same thing... "It broke!" 8-) I bought my first coco to
stay up on some of the programming techniques I learned in college. AT that
time "structured programming" was the current rage. It was hard to learn to
do that in RSDOS Basic, but I managed to pull it off. With the help of
Rainbow, I put together a pretty good address database that was menu driven
and would launch a new program, depending what was called for via the menu. I
had the most fun trying to figure out how to write a sort program for it. Got
it done after a fashion, but others could have done it much more effeciently.