[Coco] Fest Weekend

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 5 12:15:26 EDT 2007

On Thursday 05 April 2007, Roger Merchberger wrote:
>Rumor has it that Brian Blake may have mentioned these words:
>>Mark, more than once!!! Usually not punishment. When 'sailor' arrive
>> from boot or new training, they have them do manual labor around the
>> base until their schools begin. Usually only lasts a couple of weeks
>> or so. Snow on that base is a night mare. Funny, I got there in the
>> middle of August and saw they had a 'beach' on base. Me and a few
>> friends went to the beach after we checked in and such.. Coldest damn
>> water I've ever been in, even in August.
>
>Then you've _obviously_ never swam in Lake Superior!!! ;-)
>
>Yes, here (Sault Ste. Marie, MI) it's been snowing again for 24 hours,

You're leaking. :) Its been snowing down here in north central WV off and
on all night and restarted again with a serious note just a few minutes
ago.

How far is that from Iron Mountain, which is down against the NE corner of
WI?  That's as close as I've been to Sault Ste. Marie, Russ has a sort of
a tv station there.  I'd go through there on my way by rather than fight
with the traffic & bad weather around windy, & buy you a cuppa if its a
decent hour when I go by.

> and it's all my fault -when we had our 45-50 degree F weather, I got my
> motorcycle running again...

And I tilled the garden for the second time yesterday.  Same principle.
We had a couple of days recently over 75F.  Making my fishing hand itch I
tell you.

> That brought on the snow (hopefully) one
> last time.... but I"ve seen it snow in June & August.
>
>I'm a July '67 model, (look younger[1], feel older - the chassis hit
> some pretty hard bumps over the years) and I hope to gawd that I never
> see it snow on my birthday! ;-)

Bah, another youngster.

>Laterz,
>Roger "Merch" Merchberger
>
>[1] *Still* can't grow a %*$&#^ beard!!!

I wish I didn't, I'm sick of shaving, so I don't from Oct to April.  About
7 to 8", mostly light gray these days, just enough curl to be unruly.
Now gone for the summer except some Kenny Rogers sideburns.