[Coco] hardware port mapping question

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Apr 22 23:51:02 EDT 2007

This relates to a very interesting project I want to attempt if it's possible.

What I'd like to do is connect 4 CoCo's to each other via ribbon
cables between all of the expansion ports.  On each CoCo I'd like a
dip switch (or maybe just hard-wired) that sets the CoCo # to 0-3 and
let each CoCo see each of the others 8-bit data port in a block of
ports starting from some free address.

An example:

65384 CoCo A
65385 CoCo B
65386 CoCo C
65387 CoCo D

I realize 65384 is reserved for the RS-232 pack, but I'm just using
the address as an example.

Each CoCo would map those addresses and see 8 data lines from the
other CoCos.  Can this project be put together with just ribbon cable
and a few soldered-in components for each CoCo board?

--
Roger Taylor