[Coco] super disk ls120

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Tue Apr 17 02:46:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

	I was rooting around in a box of media at a place called WeirdStuff
looking for Orb media a while back. I came across some Maxell SuperDisk
LS120 3 packs. I decided to head over to the drive aisle and see if
there were any of the drives. There were 2 IDEs so I decided to play
drive roulette.

	A few days ago I got around to testing one of them. It seemed to work
fine. I copied a Mozilla install tree onto it and was able to run it.

	I peeked inside the drive. One thing that is notable is the head
positioning is done via a voice coil like a hard disk. There is also
something on the back of the lower head assembly. Probably the laser
positioning system. If you look at the back side of the media at the
right angle it looks a little different. Almost like something has been
etched into it.

kevin