[Coco] slightly OT: networking with retro computers

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 15 07:34:28 EDT 2007

All,
   I've just inherited a MacIntosh LC and an Apple IIe.  I'm trying to
devise a way to get them on my network.  Has anyone ever done networking
with ancient Apple computers?  The LC has a network port, but I'm assuming
I'll be doing the same thing with the IIe as I do with my Coco -- use the
serial port and have the Coco be a terminal.
   Any ideas would be appreciated..
                  - Aaron

p.s.  On this day (April 15):
1.  In 1865 US President Abraham Lincoln died after being shot in Ford's
Theater the night before.
2.  In 1912, RMS Titanic sinks after hitting an iceberg.
3.  In the US, income taxes make April 15th an annual tragedy, although
not anywhere near as bad as the preceeding two.

Have a nice day.