[Coco] [Color Computer] Digest Number 1067

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 10:56:05 EDT 2007

Telewriter 128 : I believe if you find an old 5.25" 360K drive and install it in your PC you can take a .DSK image file and write it to a 5.25" floppy that the CoCo can read.  If I remember correctly you actually set the old 5.25" drive up as a 720K  3.5" drive in your PC's BIOS.  The other option is to get a .DSK image up and running in one of the coco emulators and to a serial port to serial port transfer.

Below are some links that may help you find the tools and the disk images you need

http://www.vavasour.ca/jeff/trs80.html#coco2

http://discover-net.net/~dmkeil/

http://www.militant-buddhist.com/Coco%20Download.htm

ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com wrote: There are 2 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Donkey Kong
    From: James Diffendaffer

2a. Re: Telewriter128
    From: mccomber

Messages

1. Donkey Kong
    Posted by: "James Diffendaffer" jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com jdiffendaffer
    Date: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:23 pm ((PDT))

http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~inio/dk/?fb

Messages in this topic (1)

2a. Re: Telewriter128
    Posted by: "mccomber" doug.mccomber at gmail.com mccomber
    Date: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:33 pm ((PDT))

It's been a year and I still haven't found a copy of Telewriter 128 yet.  Seems to be a rare
beast.  Anyone else have better luck?  I thought this was the most prolific word processor
made for the CoCo3, yet it seems it has not been preserved.  A true shame.

Doug

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "mccomber"  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a CoCo3 system back in the day. I used Telewriter128 on it to
> write high school and college papers. Loved that word processor.  I've
> long since gotten rid of it and the system.
>
> Now I'm getting back into it with a CoCo3 I bought on eBay on the way.
> I'd like to get a copy of Telewriter128. I haven't seen much software
> for the CoCo on eBay at all except for the odd cartridge here and
> there.  And I can't find anything on the net either.
>
> I've found a couple of CoCo stores, but they don't have Telewriter.
> Anyone know where I can find a copy?
>
> Regards,
> Doug

Messages in this topic (6)