[Coco] [Color Computer] Repairing my Coco 3...

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Tue Sep 26 17:02:43 EDT 2006

Rumor has it that Stephen Castello may have mentioned these words:
>On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 01:43:00 +0000, Al Hartman <alhartman at yahoo.com>
>had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:
>
> >My Coco 3 powers up to a garbage screen, and I've tried swapping the
> >GIME chip and it doesn't help. So, it looks like a bad 6809e processor.
> >

>Does it have 512kb?  If it does, the pins from the memory board are
>not making good contact.

Even if it doesn't, pulling & reseating the existing RAM chips is a good
idea - 20 years can do weird things to socketted chips... ;-)

I've *never* had a CPU go bad - altho I can be a bit "religious" WRT having
good contacts on the computer/MPI/interface cards/etc.

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Bugs of a feather flock together."
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers |           Russell Nelson