[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Create NitrOS9 L1 boot disk for Dragon with FD-502?

drag0n1969 chen.herzog at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 12:21:45 EDT 2006

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, Boisy Pitre wrote:
>>Yes, that is correct.  When creating the boot, you need to use the
>>dragon-compatible os9gen which will put the kernel track at track 0,
>>sector 3.

It now appears to me that the _Dragon_ NitrOS9 disk I have, may contain
the CoCo os9gen/cobbler/format commands rather than the Dragon commands.

Boisy, can you fix the Dragon download link at
http://www.nitros9.org/Downloads.html? (current link is broken)so that
I can verify this with the latest NitrOS9 version.

>>You're attempting to do this under MESS with a version of NitrOS-9?
>>Perhaps a detailed listing of the steps and commands you use would
>>help in debugging this.

Here what I'm doing (I've tried many options, but this should be a
short quick check):
Using MESS, emulating Coco2:
Drive 0: NitrOS9L1 for CoCo
Drive 1: NitrOS9L1 for Dragon
Drive 2: Create empty VDK dragon disk

Boot NitrOS9 on Coco2.
Chx /d1/cmds *move to dragon commands
chd /d1/cmds
format /d2 *(should format a dragon disk)
cobbler /d2

use VCOPY to copy the VDK image to a real 3.5" floppy.

IIRC, as a quick test, this should have produced a dragon bootable disk
(with coco controller) - but with the wrong keyboard mapping.

In practice, the Dragon doesn't seem to recognize this as being a
bootable disk at all (probably due to wrong verson of command in my
NitrOS9 disks).

Chen

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: