[Coco] 63C09EP limited source

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Mon Sep 18 19:39:48 EDT 2006

At 03:46 PM 9/18/2006, you wrote:
>Good afternoon all. As the text below and the subject shows, I have
>found a (limited) source for some 63C09EP processors. It is an
>'obsolete parts' dealer with an office here in  Florida. He shows 38
>in stock, and just under $30 a piece.
>
>I was wondering what your thoughts would be on this. I certainly
>cannot afford $1140 for these and I have no clue if he'd be willing
>to sell a smaller quantity. On the other hand, out of about 10 quote
>requests, this guy is the only one who responded to my inquiry.
>
>Thoughts? Suggestions?
>

>Brian

It seems that every time a bulk of these CPUs are transferred to
another entity, the price goes up again.  With little or no demand at
this time, you'll be sitting on this investment probably for
years.  However, maybe you could recover by offering to install the
CPUs yourself.  Also, NitrOS-9 fans might want to grab a spare or two
if the price is right.

--
Roger Taylor