[Coco] Weird errors(DSK images.. NOT!!)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Sep 16 23:30:30 EDT 2006

On Saturday 16 September 2006 20:57, Christopher Hawks wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> George;
>>
>> Is XP locked away from the hardware that tightly, that you cannot
>> install a floppy disk, let the system find it, install the drivers and
>> make use of it?  I'm asking because I truely don't know, and the only
>> way I could attach a floppy to the only XP box I have would be via usb
>> in an external case, its an HP laptop & the drives are a 100GB 2.5"er,
>> and a lightscribe compatible cd/dvd burner, which FWIW, worked just
>> fine when I made the backups before shrinking the xp partition from 100
>> to 25GB so I could install linux on the rest of it. It runs Fedora Core
>> 5 99.9% of the time anyway. :)  Windows, bah humbug.  Spit.  Now I
>> gotta warsh me mouth out with some of grandmas lie soap.  :(
>
>Gene:
>
> You're more liberal than I am. I don't even allow MicroSquat products
>in my home! OS9 (6x09 & 68000) and Linux only!

Chuckle.  You have to understand that this is only under protest, Chris.
The only way I tolerate it is so if I have a hardware problem that the
warranty should cover, the techs have something for a frame of reference
to run their bag of tricks on.

>The only time I deal with
>Winders is at work. The PC tech set up a box _under_ my desk with an
>icon to run our client application. I click the icon, configure my
>displays and get out! At my previous job, I was able to run the client
>software under Wine. (And my boss complained it ran faster under Wine
>than it did natively on his faster box.)

That does tend to embarass TPTB now doesn't it?  I'd just tell him its all
those winderz virii & keyloggers we don't have.  While making very bitter
expressions about how insecure winderz is.

>I've been running Slackware
>(since 3.4) at work and home for more than 10 years.

And how is Patrick feeling these days?

>So I wouldn't know either.
>
>$: dd if=nos96809l2v030207coco3_40d_1.dsk of=/dev/fd0

Hey, thats newer than what I pulled from nitros9.org earlier today!

>--
>Christopher R. Hawks
>HAWKSoft
>"If you have trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you
>how it's done.
> -- Scott Adams

Pffft!  Thats pretty good, now can you come and wipe the ice cream off my
monitor? :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)