[Coco] CoCo 3 display offset question.

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Fri Sep 15 12:38:57 EDT 2006

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> William
>
> By "risk" I mean that while a function on teh GIME chip may work, it may  not be supported
> by the chip maker officially. Kind of like a feature that was not intended but due to the way
> the chip was designed it does work.

Sure, that makes sense. And as I said in my second paragraph, I can't
see any reasonable use for this "feature" anyway since anyone poking
about with the GIME at that level should use it in non-COCO mode anyway. :)

Of course, there aren't going to be any new GIMEs (officially) now so if
it works in the extant versions, it can be assumed to be a valid feature
these days, I think.

--
William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w---
!D !M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?