[Coco] Coco ProtoType Board

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Sun Sep 3 04:43:48 EDT 2006

Joel might have hit the nail on the head.....

Upside, CPLDs are cheap and reasonable.

Downside, don't kid yourself. Xlinx is about a 1GB download while
Altera's is about 500MB. These programs are complex and could be
overwhelming for a first timer. Not impossible by any means. I almost
live in them and all of my products have CPLDs on them, so the choice
is simple. But to someone that is going to use the program, once a
year or so will forget how it works from project to project.

The proto board I have designed is just that. It is not the end all,
one board to make all projects on. It is made for the hobbyist,
simple for projects of a one or two boards design. If you are going
to do more than that then learn the tools and get a custom board made.

Mark
Cloud-9