[Coco] Coco ProtoType Board

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Sep 2 09:43:27 EDT 2006

All that are interested:

Based on replies a consensus is as follows:

1) the board should be 3U Euro card size, ~ 4" x 6"

2) some form of flexible address decoding included along with buffering. It is still
unclear as to whether just the Coco 3 I/O range be flexible or also the range from
$C000 to $FFDF also be included.

3) both bare boards and built boards offered.

4) power and ground buss available in prototyping area

5) prototyping area should be through hole design to accommodate DIP packaged
ICs and sockets. Address and data buffers can be surface mount.

This seems pretty much to what I gather is a godd general consensus of what the
community would like. The oly stumbling block that I see is how to do the address
decodig and buffering. I am more inclined to use a PLD of some form over
discrete ICs. While discrete ICs might be a lower cost, one 100 pin TQFP
package will probably have less area and thus more for prototyping area.

If this seems to be what the commu nity wants I can start design this weekend
and should have a first pass of a proto board for review by mid week. If t here is
favorable reaction then I can send off for boards by the weeks end. Finished
product could be available by the later part of the month.

Once a design is accepted then a more in depth detail as to what the finished cost
will be .

james