[Coco] [Color Computer] Toshiba RGB monitor that workedw/artifactcolors

Bert & Peggy Schneider bertnpeggy at comcast.net
Fri Sep 1 15:56:48 EDT 2006

Thanks

Bert

-----Original Message-----
From: coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com [mailto:coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com]
On Behalf Of Alex Evans
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:22 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] [Color Computer] Toshiba RGB monitor that
workedw/artifactcolors

On Aug 1, 2006, at 6:19 PM, Bert & Peggy Schneider wrote:

> Alex,
>
> I was wondering if you've had a chance to make your move?  If so, have
> you been able to find the tine to find your cable you have for your
> CoCo
> 3 and your Amiga 1080 monitor?

Sorry I took so long to get back to this.  Here is what I have done
to my CoCo 3 to interface it with an Amiga 1080 monitor.  First I
clipped R61 and R62, then I took a 74HC02 (High speed CMOS quad 2
input nor), bent up pins 1, 4, 10, 11, and 13, piggy-backed it onto
IC15, soldered on a jumper from pin 10 of IC15 to pin 11 of the 7402,
and another jumper from 7402 pin 13 to the left side of what was
R61.  All it does is take the separate sync signals and combine and
invert them for the Amiga monitor.  As a result the connections
should be 1/2 ground, 3 Red, 4 Green, 5 Blue, 10 CSYNC.